Monday, April 15, 2019

Javanese Traditional Clothing (Beskap)

Hi, everyone. What's up? Today I'm going to give you some information about one of traditional clothing from Javanese named Beskap. Hope you guys enjoy this.

Beskap

Beskap is one type of upper clothing in Jawi Jangkep, but along with it's development it is often worn separately. The tradition of using Beskap has existed since the days of Mataram at the end of the 18th century. The shaped of a folded shirt and collared shirt, Beskap usually uses plain fabric colors. The buttons on the Beskap are located on the right and left side and the side button pattern. Like the upper clothing for Jawi Jangkep, the back of the Beskap is open for Kris. 

There are 4 types of Beskap. They are :
  • Beskap Solo style, which is a type of Beskap inspired by the cultural standard of the Kasunan Palace.
Beskap solo style
  • Beskap Yogya style, this type of Beskap refers to the standard of the Sultanate.
Beskap Yogya style
  • Beskap Landung
Beskap Landung
  • Beskap Kulon style
Beskap Kulon style

The reason I choose Beskap is I was used it when my unlce married. It such a great cloth that I ever used. It's a bit hot but feel comfortable and I loved the cloth. And that's all my information about Beskap. I'm sorry for incomplete information. Hope you this increase your knowledge about traditional clothing especially Beskap. Thank You.


1 comment:

  1. The Beskap Solo is one of the most elegant articles of men's clothing in existence. I want to see a movie where Yakobus Ikatan in Pakaian Adat Jawa with kretek dan kopi faces off against James Bond in a Hugo Boss tuxedo with cigarette and martini. When it comes to style and "panache", Yakobus Ikatan sends James Bond on his way EVERY TIME.

    ReplyDelete